02 Sep NEUBAUER FELLOWS OUTPERFORM AND OUTPACE ON STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT AND ATTENDANCE
Our external evaluator, Education Analytics, analyzed how district schools led by Neubauer Fellows from Cohorts 1-4 compare to other schools in the School District of Philadelphia with respect to performance on the 2018-19 state standardized tests, student academic growth, and student attendance. Overall, schools led by Neubauer Fellows outperformed and showed greater improvement in student academic achievement and attendance compared to other schools in the district. Specifically, Fellow-led schools demonstrated:
- Consistent outperformance on state tests in elementary, middle, and high school,
- Larger improvements on state tests in elementary, middle, and high school,
- Greater success with Black and Hispanic/Latinx students in elementary and middle school,
- Larger student growth at all school levels,
- Higher percentages of students attending 90% and 95% of the school year, and
- More than 3 times the growth in student attendance rates.
We applaud our Neubauer Fellows for leading extraordinary results and raising student outcomes across the city! Additional data and details are available upon request.